Be Glad of Life because it gives you the chance to Love, and to Play, and to look at the Stars

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ENGLAND!

In September i got to go back to England and visit some of my family. I went with Millie (Since she was still free to fly and because she was too little for me to leave for that long) and my Mum and sister. On our way we flew into JFK, NY and what problems we had there. That airport is SO huge! We only had an hour and a half to get from one flight to the next and after having to travel from terminal 2 to terminal 7 (which ended up taking about half an hour) we were told the flight to Manchester, England was closed and we couldn't get on the flight. We kept getting the runaround between the 2 terminals between Delta and British airways.......each saying it was the other people's fault. Delta wanted us to each pay $2200.00 to get on their next flight (That was double what we paid for the whole trip!!!) and British airways just kept saying - it was not our fault, go back to Delta!!! It was so frustrating and after we told them what we thought of them....finally British Airways said they would fly us to London, then up to Manchester. It took a lot longer to get there and i have to say, Millie was such a trooper - She was so good on the flights.
Millie on the flight from SLC to JFK
We Spend just over a week there and we had so much fun visiting family, shopping and eating lots of yummy food!! Millie and i stayed at my brother Jared and his wife Jo's house (Thanks Holly for letting me sleep in your bed!) and my Mum and sister stayed at my brother Scott and his wife Reese's house. It had been over 4 years since i had seen my brothers and it was so much fun to see them again. Hopefully it won't be long till both of their families are living over here....can't wait for that to happen.
Millie at first was a little scared of both Jared & Scott, but as the days wore on she took a shinning to them both. She also loved Red (Jared & Jo's dog)and she loved lying on his dog bed with him (Thanks Jo for keeping it clean for her!). She loved playing with Holly & Libby and loved it when Libby would take her for a walk. She also loved Auntie Jo Jo, who would play with her every day, and who always let her play on her little chair.


Millie & Uncle Jared

Holly (My Niece - Jaz & Jo's Daughter)

Libby (My Niece - Jaz & Jo's Daughter)

Jo (Jared's wife), Auntie Cherry & Becca

On Sunday, we got to see Auntie Cherry (my dad's sister), who i hadn't seen in over 10 years! It was fun to see her family all grown up! We went to a pub and had a delicious meal!

Reese & Libby

Yummy Apple crumble & custard for pudding.

Me & My little brother Scott

Scott & his wife Marisa (Reese)

We were able to see Auntie Ann (My mum's oldest sister) and we went out to eat with her & her husband Roger. (Sarah, Auntie Ann, Mum)

Me, Auntie Ann, & Mum

Scott & Millie walking down the street in Congleton.

The streets are so small!

One of the Hotel's in Congleton - i love the house's etc - they all have their own personality!

Becky, Mum, Marj

One night we went over to see Auntie Marj (Mum's sister) and her husband Mick. My Cousin Becky stopped by to say hi (Everyone says we look a lot alike)

I had a fun get together with some girls i went to school with when i lived in England. It was nice to see them all and catch up with all that is going on in their lives (Thanks to face book, which helped us all get back in contact with each other.)

Julie, Vanessa, Jenny, Kristen, Alice & Anna

The Alderly Edge Train Station. This is where i would catch the train everyday to go home from School!

We had such a great time. It was so nice just to see my family -(Thanks to all of you for the fun & for all that you dis for us!!). But i was ready to come home, to see Kent & Jaxon- Thanks to everyone that helped watch Jax while i was gone.

Jared & Jo sent Jax a proper English football shirt, he even had his name put on the back. Jaxon thinks it is AWESOME and always wants to wear it - he also keeps asking when he is starting Soccer - Not till the spring buddy!!


(**Hopefully i will post more pictures of this trip soon)

6 comments:

lindsey v said...

I'm so glad you got to go! That sounds like it was so fun! I'm glad that Millie was so good for you too. Babies are just so 'go with the flow' aren't they? Did you find your English accent coming back a little more?

shellie said...

It looks like you had so much fun! Which one of your brothers had the red jeep that we drove up the canyon?

Crystal said...

What a fun time you had! I dream of going to England someday, may be you can be my tour guide. My family came from England six generations ago!

Me said...

ahh, so jealous! I'm hoping to get over there next year once my citizenship is through. It will be 11-12 years since I have been back and seen family. Plus, I miss the food! Hopefully Dustin can come with me so I can show him around. fun.

sally said...

i wondered when you were going??? my mom said that you were suppose to wrap her up and sneak her over with you to see her little missionary riley!?! it sounds like you had a wonderful trip! (my little brother is serving in gateshead, ever been there)?

The Kohler Family said...

Wow..sounds like you had a great trip! How long have you lived in the US?..You have no accent!