Be Glad of Life because it gives you the chance to Love, and to Play, and to look at the Stars

Friday, July 11, 2008

Lost - never to be found!

So, you may be wondering where are my Lake Powell pictures.... well they are in a garbage can somewhere. My memory card was in an envelope and i threw it away thinking it was an empty envelope!! I know i am a dummy! But that is not even the worst of it! Our computer had a virus and i ended up losing ALL MY PICTURES!! Yes, i hadn't printed alot of them or put them on a disk to save!! So all the pictures i had of Millie as a newborn - GONE, Pics of Trips - GONE, Pics of my family - GONE!!!!! I am sick to my stomach - almost a whole years worth of pictures are gone, never to be found!! I have learned my lesson - as soon as i put them on my comp i am going to save them to a disk. I am probably the only one who doesn't so this!! On a brighter note at least i have the pics from my blog!!

8 comments:

nancy said...

ummm, that's happened to me before. i lost about 18 months worth of pictures which included my last baby pictures. maybe you have emailed pictures to people and they still have them? there is always hope!

shellie said...

oh man Julie! i feel for you, the same thing happened to me and i lost a few years of pictures. i went out and bought an external hardrive and store all my pics and music on there. i will not lose them again.

Nielson said...

I would die!! I have a million pics on my computer--with no backup. This will soon be fixed though--I would cry if they were deleted!!! I am so sorry!

sinika said...

So sorry to hear it Julie- it really makes me sad!

sally said...

i hate computers! (but i couldn't live without them either). ours just crashed last week, but the "geek squad" at best buy was able to retrieve all our old files. i have a brother in law that swears a file can always be found!?!

chandra said...

NOOOO! That is so dang sad! I dont copy my pics to a cd either . I will do that this week!

Ryan Kohler said...

Aww man! I need to save all my pics to a disk as well. My computer was acting up not that long ago and luckily my husband put all my pics on his hard drive because it crashed and I lost everything else!

lindsey v said...

That is horrible!! I don't save mine either. I've got to start!